Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Way Of LIfe


I can't imagine myself going home right now. I feel like I'm making my own little life for myself here: the daily routine, the friends and the family. It's been a challenge for me to open up to people here because I know that I'm going to be leaving, yet these past few weeks I've begun just letting myself be me. And the truth is that everyone is here for me, and I know that I've made a big enough impact on people that they will be just as affected when I leave as I will be.

Our school... or more our class is going to Berlin, Germany for their end of the year trip and I opted out. One due to the money factor, but also for the opportunity to go to Italy with my swim team. (WOW! I just said MY swim team) something is changing in me. Anyway, on my birthday eve, I found out that I was chosen as one of the 5 girls to go! It was quite the wonderful birthday surprise. So instead of taking the SAT's on May 7th I will now be swimming in another country...not that I'm not doing that already. Just goes to show how straight my priorities are for the future.

So Friday for school we went into Seville with our class for an excursion to the scientific parliament for kids. Defiantly wouldn't say it was the best trip, but it was interesting. When it was time to head back to school Ana headed off to Madrid with her parents for a swim meet, and I had this feeling in my stomach that took me off guard. I didn't want Ana to leave, I didn't want her to go to Madrid for the weekend. Of course this feeling was gone by the time I got home, but it surprised me because I hadn't realized that I had formed those kinds of feelings for her.

Birthday Girl

We celebrated 3 birthdays in 1


The chocolate chip cookies were quite the hit








Championship meet in Cadiz

A little swim team love
I wanted to put a slideshow up but it's not letting me so I will keep trying and next post I will put up some videos.
until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic. It's so heartwarming to read of your healthy transition. I'm so glad you have "fit in" and made a temporary life for yourself. I love the pictures! I love you Heather. Keep having fun. Congrats on your Italy trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather!
    Wow--you are doing awesome! I am so happy for you--as you deepen your connection to your life in Spain! Have a great trip to Italy! You go girl!
    I love you!
    love, connie

    ReplyDelete